The Student News Site of Liberty High School

Liberty Central News

Liberty Central News

Liberty Central News

That One Emo

While there are many people around Liberty that tend to catch peoples eye, Josiah Anthony Chacon is one of them. His friends describe him as being a good listener and outgoing to those around him. One of his closest friends, Alyx (Senior) stated, “There is never a dull moment with him and he has always been protective over his friends.” While Josiah does have time for his friends he somehow gathers enough time for other activities as well.

Photo Phone Instagram
@itz.jojochacon

Josiah best known as JoJo was always given positive feedback about his drawing skills from a young age. This later sparked his love for drawing and painting, he explains, “Even as a kid I loved art and was artistic as my family said. I later just kept with it as I grew up.”

Josiah Art Piece Inspired by Bob Ross

As for right now Jojo is taking an AP 2D class where he is making a portfolio of different art pieces going off an inquiry question (theme). Where he explores mother nature and overgrowth throughout the years from the deep sea to outer space, even exploring different planets and supernovas. 

(One of Josiah’s Newest Pieces in AP 2D Art)

Besides art Jojo also found a love for skating. Skating was just something he always had interest in due to the fact that his friends would always go to the rink. He soon took it upon himself to learn how to skate, getting a new pair of skates on his birthday.

A fun fact about Josiah is that he loves parties, going out with his friends and dressing up are just a few similarities he has with them. Something as simple as thrifting on the weekends or driving around he considers quality time with his loved ones.

Apart from his hobbies Jojo found interest in the medical field! He expressed, “Growing up my mom always wanted to be a nurse of some kind and always asked me if I wanted to do it.” Josiah continues to say, “I always said no until a couple months ago. I kinda just decided that I wanted to go into it.” Since then Josiah has gone to UNLV and looked at the many majors it has to offer. Learning more about not just hands-on medical field but the research as well.

Photo of Josiah (sent by him)