The Student News Site of Liberty High School

Liberty Central News

Liberty Central News

Liberty Central News

A Day full of Love

Valentine’s day is annually celebrated on February 14. The day is an annual celebration of love, affection, and romance. People usually give cards, candies, roses, stuffed animals, and gifts to people they love. It’s usually associated with red, heart’s, cupid, and love. But where did Valentine’s day originally come from?

The Romans are responsible for the name of Valentine’s day. Emperor Claudius II executed two men. Both were named Valentine on February 14th. According to another legend, an Imprisoned guy named Valentine was the first to actually send a “valentine” . Greeting himself after falling in love with a young girl. Before Valentine’s death he wrote her a letter signed

We interacted with our friends here at liberty and asked how they feel about Valentine’s and what they do during Valentines. Which Traditional gift would you rather receive? Karyme Fonseca feels that,  “Card with a personal message. It just shows that they care enough to write about you and take time out of their day to do it.” Sara Eres states, “Flowers for sure. Someone giving me flowers would make my day and show me that they truly like me.” Describe your perfect Valentine’s date. Jalen Jones states “Going to wing stop to eat and talk.” Kianna Mavia states “ Going to the fair and hanging out, just a chill, nice experience.”

Donate to Liberty Central News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Liberty High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.