The Student News Site of Liberty High School

Liberty Central News

Liberty Central News

Liberty Central News

The Raiders: Let’s Make History!

As some may know, the Raiders have fired their old coach; Josh McDaniels and hired a new coach, Antonio Pierce. On October 31, 2023, the Raiders hired Antonio Pierce, also known as a “Super Bowl champion” as their coach. Also adding their team, the Team President: Sandra Douglas and General Manager: Champ Kelly.

New Raiders coach: Antonio Pierce

To know how well Antonio Pierce and their other coaches have an impact on fans, we ask Liberty students and a Libetry coach on how they feel about them. Gustavo: “I think they’re really good considering their previous wins. Their change of staff is certainly helping them a lot.”

“I think it’s a good thing that’s happening because the raiders have been really bad, probably because of the coaching.”

— Alex, Student

Liberty’s own Head Football Coach, Coach Muraco commented, “Well I think it was probably time to make a new coaching change and its seems right now they made the right choice. Coach Pierce seems to have the players back and they’re playing hard for him and that’s a big part of professional sports to get your athletes to play hard. They’re going to obviously perform better.”

“I think the raiders are really good and the new coaches are really good. They’re on a two game winning streak and their quarterback’s okay I guess.”

— Tate, Student

To understand Antonio Pierce more than we know already, here are some questions he has answered too. “What have you found to be the most challenging part of the job so far? ‘All the requests — time consuming. You think you can be somewhere and focus on this, and then you get pulled out of a lot of meetings or studies or things you’re doing. So, that’s the biggest thing. And at the end of the day, you want to make yourself available, the door is wide open, it’s not closed. So, I understand that, and obviously it’ll be an adjustment as I go forward.’ What are you seeing from the back end between Marcus Epps and Tre’von Moehrig? They seem like they’re coming into their own. ‘Yeah, Marcus Epps did a great job. When he first got here, he grabbed that group. You saw him in the cafeteria, you saw him at different parts of the building kind of circled up, brought that unit closer together, I feel, on and off the field. He’s a great communicator, great leader, student of the game, a winner. He’s a winner. He was there last year, right there to have himself a ring. And he’s brought that leadership and that understanding of what it’s like, I talked about that, that winning stamina and winning mentality into our building.”

The Raiders team going into a game

Donate to Liberty Central News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Liberty High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.