The Student News Site of Liberty High School

Liberty Central News

Liberty Central News

Liberty Central News

Mr. Russel: Our Outstanding Choir Teacher

Mr. Russell is the choir and film studies teacher here at Liberty. With a background in music and performing. He is well-equipped to be teaching his classes.

Mr. Russell is originally from Oklahoma. He went to Oklahoma City University and University of Cincinnati but now does Music Appreciation for special needs students here at Liberty. Mr. Russel has been involved with choir since the sixth grade and later performed professionally.

Along with his extensive experience in music he was awarded the Heart of Education award in 2019. This award is given to celebrate amazing and hard working teachers in the Clark County School District. Mr. Russell was also named Teacher of the Year in Oklahoma. Mr.Russel expresses that out of his numerous years teaching, his favorite memory was when he was teaching a choir show and they got to perform alongside the band Foreigner.

Liberty student Adaly Martinez has been in choir for three years. She expressed that, “He really cares about his students and he has a musical background in musical theater.”

Adaly also mentioned, “He does all the choir classes at Liberty, helps students outside of school with their singing, and he’s been a choir teacher at Liberty for a long time.”

Mr. Russell is a beloved teacher at Liberty and his musical experience has made him a key part of the music program here at Liberty. A fun fact about him is that his favorite movie is Goodbye, Mr. Chips.

Donate to Liberty Central News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Liberty High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.