The Student News Site of Liberty High School

Liberty Central News

Liberty Central News

Liberty Central News

Kachow on the Field!

Track is Back

Liberty High School begins to gear up for another year of track and field. All students from different walks of life  are welcomed to join and participate in relay events, short distance events,  long distance events, and many more events pertaining to track and field.

Liberty High School’s Track, Henderson, Nevada

The students at Liberty High School have either just begun track or have had the opportunity to have this  experience at an early age. This shows the diversity of students coming together to be a part of something bigger.

When it comes to a preference for Events, Short distance seems to be the way to go! According to Raionna Carter:

“I would rather do short distance because long distance requires a lot of pacing, and I like to run fast”.

On the other hand, Quadri Hazzan believes that long distance running is much more fun than short distance. He states,” It’s much more fun, it is a mental thing along with the competitiveness”.

Leon Davis believes relay races are the easiest events to do. He states,” its a team thing and they just pass you the baton, if one person fails the others can make up for them”. This shows that teamwork is the needed component in order to accomplish what is needed.

“”Your effort and work pays off so there is no reason to prejudge anybody, do the work and then you’ll see the results!””

— Coach Stang, Hurdles

Because of how diverse the track and field team is, you can only wonder if there are biases preventing students from being the best they can be. These biases can pertain to gender, ethnicity, and experience.

Students on the track team have not experienced any biases when it came to wanting to be on the track team.  Raionna Carter states, “we have really good coaches and they are young, so they connect with us”. This statement was proved to be  accurate when Coach Stang, a hurdle coach, emphasized,”Your effort and work pays off so there is no reason to prejudge anybody, do the work and then you’ll see the results!”

Due to the variety of events  track and field has to offer, many newcomers shouldn’t shy away from the opportunity to come out and have a good time. Track and Field is so inclusive that there is bound to be an event to catch one’s eye. This means there will be something for everyone to find interest in. There are  no cuts in track and it is considered a social event where you get to find new friends and learn to love to just be active.

Donate to Liberty Central News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Liberty High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.