The Student News Site of Liberty High School

Liberty Central News

Liberty Central News

Liberty Central News

Enlist in the Helldivers

Enlist in the Helldivers

Super Earth needs you! In February of 2024, the hit game Helldivers II released on Ps5 and PC. Since then the Eastern and Western fronts have been under attack by the dreadful Automatons and the repulsive Terminids. Do your part and enlist in the Helldivers!The game’s price sits at $40 and allows for the option of the Super Citizen war bond for an additional $20, though some would argue that the base game is perfect and worth every penny, if not more, “It’s definitely worth the buy, I actually think it’s worth way more than its starting value at $40, so I’d say get it while you can before they raise the price, if they raise the price” (Alex Salmon). The game is even all inclusive, being available to everyone and anyone willing to enlist, “The forces consist of anyone who wants to join like family, friends, neighbors, etc. Anyone can join for the goal of spreading glorious democracy” (Jorge Garcia).

Helldivers II is probably one of if not the most current mainstream game of 2024 so far. A lot of steamers, youtubers, and influencers in general encourage enlisting and fighting for the grand cause. Some content creators even go as far as to create propaganda for the game, “A bunch of propaganda and online streams made me want to join the armed forces” (Jorge Garcia).

Another one of the biggest strong suits of this game are the amount of moments, funny or cinematic, that can be found in the game during single player or multiplayer missions. In the game you can go on single player dives or multiplayer dives with a squad of up to four, either one is fun regardless. The game has a tendency to have cinematic movie like moments, where the characters sacrifice their lives in the name of Super Earth, or a full squad of divers gunning down a sea of Automatons

Donate to Liberty Central News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Liberty High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.