The Student News Site of Liberty High School

Liberty Central News

Liberty Central News

Liberty Central News

The Films That Fill Our Heart

It’s the season of love! Around the world, people and their loved ones celebrate this holiday, whether it’s Galentines or the hallmark version of a romantic valentine’s day. This is the season of buying chocolates, stuffed animals, and most importantly, watching movies.

Films are a huge part of today’s culture, especially during Valentine’s day. During this holiday season, couples want to sit on the couch and watch their favorite romantic movie, and friends at sleepovers want to watch their favorite rom com. Romance movies bring everyone together to laugh, cry, and spend time with your loved ones (romantic or not).

The best part about romance movies is that there are different themes and genres. There are specific holiday romance movies like The Holiday & The Noel Diary which is during christmas time, and then there are rom coms, horror romance, sci-fi romance, chick flicks, drama, fantasy, etc.

(Jake and Rachel, the couple rom the movie, The Noel Diary.)

Students at LHS and followers of Liberty Central News on instagram, participated in a poll to determine what the best classic romance movie there is, as well as romance horror movies, new/recent romance movies, and disney movies. In the classic romance movies, The Notebook starring Rachel McAdams & Ryan Gosling won with 34%. In horror movies, The Quiet Place 2018 with John Krasinski & Emily Blunt won with 39%. In recent/new romance movies, 2023 film Anyone But You with Sydney Sweeney & Glenn Powell won with 44%. Lastly, with the disney tales and happily ever after’s, The Princess an

d the Frog won the most romantic disney movie with a vote of 61%. 

(Main character, Lara Jean, on the cover of To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before.)

Watching movies is one thing, but having a tradition with them is another. Student, Addy Pham said she “usually does watch love movies on valentines day but she also likes to watch them because rom coms are her favorite type of movies all year around.” Students Addy Pham & Celine were asked which movie is the best out of the Notebook, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, & To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before. Addy said the classic How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days was better starring Kate Hudson & Matthew McConaughey, while Celine preferred the recent teen romance To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before starring Lana Condor & Noah Centineo.

(Movie couple, Andie and Ben, from How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.)

Valentine’s is a big holiday full of love and showing appreciation to your loved ones. No matter your plans, just enjoy the holiday with good food and good movies. WHAT MOVIE DID YOU WATCH?

Donate to Liberty Central News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Liberty High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.